Thursday, September 24, 2009

beautyblender


Hello Makeup Fanatics!! My first entry will be a Product Review. I was looking into foundation brushes and I came across the BeautyBlender (as shown on the left). The reviews that I've read raved about what a great product this is, as it is called a 'Make-up Artist Trade Secret'. I wanted to check it out for myself to see how great it actually was. The BeautyBlender also has its own cleanser. I ordered my BB via ebay and got it for $17.00, it came with a sample of the cleanser as well, saved a few bucks.
Below I've listed the details
MSRP: 20.00-25.00 USD
Order online from Sephora.com/Ebay or google shop it.

Product Claim:


Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.

(Beautyblender.net)

Pros:

The product is pretty good for blending, it's easy to use and it's re-usable. Plus it comes in a really pretty pink color which matches my phone ;)


Cons:

It's quite expensive for a sponge, it doesn't last that long, on average about 3 months and uses a lot of product which gets wasted.


Recommendations:

If anyone is looking to try it out, for a flawless foundation it is definitely better than a brush, it gives the skin just the right touch for a natural yet perfect blend of an even-toned foundation. But GOOD NEWS! You can get alternatives/dupes for this product

Sonia Kushak has a similar product called THE BLENDING SPONGE $8.99 at Target, the shape and color of the sponge differs from the BeautyBlender but it's just as good. There are videos on Youtube in regards to this product w/ more detail..

Also, Sephora.com/Sephora the store has a similar sponge, just a bit smaller in a yellow color and that retails for about $12.00 so, I'd recommend getting practice with these sponges, the prices are economically better and the products work the same.

Thats it for now, Hope it helps! If you have further questions please email me at ammara.rana@gmail.com

Thanks, Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment