Friday, April 22, 2011

Yogurt Mask

Since the Dark Dry Scaly Skin is mostly gone, I decided to do a yogurt mask to exfoliate the rest and expedite the peeling process. My skin was super sensitive, red, and hideous so I kept my skincare regimen simple. I washed my face regularly with a mild cleanser, kept up with SPF Moisturizer, and every night if not more, I would layer Aloe Vera Gel all over my face (you can find this at any vitamin shop or store) Last time I went to buy the Gel which is like 99.9% Aloe Vera, I couldn't find it so I found a 99% Aloe Vera Gelly Soothing Moisturizer by Lily of the desert- it works fairly well, it costs about 7.00 USD
[ Yogurt Mask ]
Lactic acid found in Yogurt and Milk helps exfoliate skin, removing dead skin, and revealing smooth radiant skin! Normally, I would add a few drops of lemon and other ingredients, Ive added oatmeal - Blended into a powder and mixed in with yogurt, and a few other things, cant remember at the moment. But my skins still recovering from the peel and I don't want to make it worse.  Post Recovery Day 3


[ Here's what I did] I took a Table Spoon of Yogurt, in a bowl and applied a generous amount all over. I added more to it once I covered my entire face. No Point of wasting it, (I forgot to apply it on my neck, always do that), the rest I massaged into my hand for a minute or so and washed off. I gotta shower soon so Ill just take it off in there #laziness.

Here's what I looked like Post Recovery Day 2 





My mom sorta freaked out and prevented me from going to Jumah today. I added Aloe Vera last night so all that dark stuff has peeled off. Scary huh. If my younger brother saw me today he would rave about how I look like the Joker, Yes,  he has called me that on occasion. And he gets what's coming to him ;)

I cant wait to reveal the new skin, It will take a week or so, in time for my friends Bridal Shower :) Thank God, and for her wedding, Ill be good to go!
Its cold in MD today, why wont this crazy weather sort it's self out!! :S




No comments:

Post a Comment